Thursday, August 25, 2011

Newspaper Nails!

So here it goes for my first post! I really wanted to share with you these neat designs Georgia (my sister), my cousins and I painted on our nails.

We started out by painting our nails with white nail polish. Once that's completely dry, dip your finger into rubbing alcohol for 5 seconds and then press a piece of newspaper onto the nail for 30 long seconds. Seal with a clear coat (wait a bit so the print doesn't smear) and do the same thing with the other nails!

It was our first time trying this out (we got the idea here - CutePolish's channel on YouTube) and I'm super happy with how it turned out! Apparently you can do it with comic strips too... some other possibilities I wonder about are sheet music, images of flowers or vintage fabric printed onto plain printer paper, sudokus or crosswords, images from old books like Alice in Wonderland... I'll be doing some experimenting in the future! Hope you're all getting as much as you can out of these last few days of summer.

xo, Jade

P.S. My blog is still under construction so it might look a little "un-proper" for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment